What are our values?
- We care about the well-being and success of every person we work with and support
- High standards are a way of life. We pursue excellence in everything we do.
- We make a difference in every community we serve.
- We respect and listen to our people.
- We empower our people to make decisions that improve their work and benefit the people we support and our company.
Our Values are aimed towards each other and the people we support. We do not differentiate.
- Values influence people’s behaviour and serve as criteria for evaluating the actions of others.
- They have a great role to play in the conduct of life.
- They help in creating norms to guide day-to-day behaviour.
- The values of a culture may change, but most remain stable during one person’s lifetime. The Dosh Values have been constant for the last 12 years
- Defining your values and then living by them can help you and your colleagues feel more fulfilled
How we deliver them:
- We consult with the people we support and set standards that they feel are important.
- They drive our behaviour and our interactions with the people we support and each other
- We regularly talk about our Values with each other, either on a one-to-one basis or as part of team.
- We challenge each other – are we adhering to our values? (they are an internal reference about what is good)
- A set of qualitive goals we strive to achieve each year (which is included in our business plan and regularly assessed).
- We do what is right over what is easy.